We take your privacy seriously. The full version is below, but the simple version is this: Atlos tries to collect as little information from our users as possible. Unless you pay for the platform, we don’t even ask for your name. Atlos is a non-profit, open source project. Our goal isn’t to sell you targeted ads — it’s only to support your visual investigations. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to [email protected].
You can view a history of the changes made to these terms on GitHub.
Listed below are details about the categories of information we collect:
- Contact Information: We collect full name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number.
- Financial Information: We collect bank account information, payment card number, payment card expiration date and CVV code, and billing address.
- Identifiers: We collect IP address, user name, password and other security information for authentication and access.
- Usage Data: We collect data concerning your Internet or other electronic activity including browsing and click history, device types, operating system, browser settings, IP address, language settings, and Site use data including information about how you navigate the Site, other websites, and the Internet.
- Audio/Visual Data: We collect audio, electronic, photographic, visual or similar data including videos, photographs, or audio recordings.
- Commercial Information: We collect records of services purchased, obtained or considered.
- Employment and Education Information: We collect employment and education history from job applicants.
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, identifiers,
audio/visual Data and commercial information to:
- Provide you with the requested services
- Provide a quote for our services
- Fulfill your order
- Process payments
- Communicate with you
- Respond to customer service requests and inquiries; and
- Administer an online account.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your identifiers, usage data, audio/visual data, and commercial information to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, identifiers, commercial information, and usage data to send you marketing communications, improve our marketing efforts, and provide you with information about us.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Sites: We use your contact information, commercial information, identifiers, audio/visual data, and usage data to improve our Site, provide and maintain functionality on our Site, and help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Site.
- Develop and Improve Our Products and Services: We use your contact information, financial information, identifiers, usage data, audio/visual data, and commercial information to help us develop new products and services and to improve and analyze our existing products and service offerings.
- Recruiting and Hiring: We use contact information, identifiers, audio/visual data, employment and education information, and financial information to make informed decisions on recruitment and assess your suitability for the role, communicate with you about your application, respond to your inquiries and schedule interviews, and to reimburse you for any agreed expenses incurred in the application process.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, identifiers, commercial information, financial information, usage data, and audio/visual data to protect our Sites, products and services; protect us, our affiliated companies, our employees, and others; and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Legal: We use your contact information, identifiers, financial information, employment and education information, usage data, audio/visual data, and inferences to comply with our legal obligations, including reporting requirements, and defend ourselves in legal proceedings, and protect our company and our property, employees, and others through legal proceedings.
- Other Purposes: We may use contact information, identifiers, financial information, commercial information, usage data, audio/visual data, commercial information, and employment and education information for other reasons we may describe to you.
We collect information in a variety of ways:
- Directly from you: We collect contact information, financial information, identifiers, commercial information, and employment and education information that you provide directly to us.
- Automatically: When you access our Sites, we collect identifiers, and usage data using tools like browser cookies.
- From third parties: We may collect contact information, identifiers, commercial information, employment and education information, and audio/visual data from third parties, including our users, service providers, and public authorities.
We combine information we obtain from different sources with publicly available information. For example, we may combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We combine information that we have collected across other third party sites. We combine information across devices, such as computers and mobile devices. We may also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have.
- Service Providers: We may share personal information with vendors and service providers who support the operation of our services, website, and our business and who need access to such information to carry out their work for us (including, for example, web hosting, analytics, payment processing, order fulfillment, email delivery, marketing, insurance, and background check). In some cases, the vendor or service provider may directly collect the information from you on our behalf.
- Professional Advisors: We may share information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, bankers, auditors, and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
- Government Entities: We share information with regulatory and government entities including government, administrative, law enforcement and regulatory agencies; tax authorities; corporate registries; and other public agencies or authorities if we think we should in order to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or other legal obligation. This includes cooperating with law enforcement when we think it is appropriate, obtaining legal remedies or limiting our damages, and to enforcing or protecting our contracts, legal rights or the rights of others, including by responding to claims asserted against us.
- Corporate Transaction Recipients: We may share information with potential investors, purchasers, merger partners, and their advisors in the event we: (i) sell or transfer, or are considering selling or transferring, all or a portion of our business or assets; or (ii) are considering or engaging in any reorganization, conversion, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our ownership interest, business or operations.
- With Your Consent or At Your Direction: We may share information with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing.
- Other Reasons: We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
We will retain and use your information for as long as your account is active, as long as we need it to provide you services or products, or as long as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services or products, please contact us at [email protected].
We want you to be aware that certain online tools exist to help us serve and recognize you when you visit our Site. We receive and store certain types of information when you visit our Site. When you access the Site, we (including companies we work with) may place small data files on your computer or other device. These data files may be web beacons, cookies, clear gifs, pixel tags, e-tags, flash cookies, log files, or other local storage provided by your browser or associated applications. These tracking technologies, which are often referred to collectively as cookies, allow us to understand how users navigate to and around our Site, view different pages, access content and request Services. We may use them, for example, to keep track of your preferences and profile information and collect general usage and volume statistical information. If you want to remove or block cookies, you may be able to update your browser settings. You can also find instructions on how to manage cookies on different types of web browsers at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Some browsers have a “do not track” feature. It lets you tell websites you visit that you do not want them to track your online activity. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Sites are thus not currently set up to respond to these signals. For more information on Do Not Track signals, please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/.
Our Sites may include links to other websites or applications whose privacy practices may differ from ours. If you submit personal information to any of those websites or applications, your information is governed by their privacy statements. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us and have implemented reasonable technical, organization, administrative and physical measures to protect personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and encourage you to use websites and share information with caution.
We do not knowingly collect or store any personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that we have collected or stored personal information from an individual under age 13, we will remove his or her personal information from our files. If you are a parent or guardian and believe we may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify us immediately by sending an email to [email protected].
You can opt out of marketing or advertising emails and newsletters by using the "unsubscribe" link or mechanism noted in communications you receive from us. You may also request to opt out of marketing or advertising emails by contacting us through one of the methods specified in the Contact Us section of this Privacy Statement. Once we process your request, we will cease using the information for such purposes at no charge to you. If you opt out of getting marketing messages, you will continue to receive messages from us about your relationship with us where permitted by law. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
For residents of the European Economic Area (EEA) the United Kingdom, and Switzerland, the following additional privacy elements apply to you. We are committed to protecting your privacy and will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
Lawful Basis for Processing Personal Information: The lawful basis for our collection and use of your personal information described in this Statement is that the processing is (i) necessary for our legitimate interests in carrying out our business, provided those interests are not outweighed by your rights and interests; (ii) necessary to perform a contract with you; (iii) necessary to comply with a legal obligation; or (iv) based, when necessary, on your consent.
Disclosure and Cross-Border Transfer: We are a global company, and your personal information will be shared among us and transferred outside of your country of residence. Personal information that is transferred outside of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom is conducted in accordance with compliant transfer arrangements such as data transfer agreements that contain standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission that provide safeguards for such transfers.
Special Categories of Data: We request that you do not send to us (unless we specifically request) any Special Categories of Data, which is defined under relevant data protection laws as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic or biometric characteristics, health, or sexual orientation.
Segmentation and Automated Decision Making: We do not use segmentation or automated decision- making without human intervention, including profiling.
Your Rights Over Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we:
- confirm whether we are processing your personal information;
- provide you or a third party that you designate with certain of your personal information in a commonly used, machine readable format;
- update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- cancel or delete your personal information in certain circumstances;
- to limit the processing of or stop processing your personal information in certain circumstances;
- or to revoke consent previously granted to the extent permitted by law.
To exercise any of these rights please contact our please email our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. You can also write to us at:\
Attn: Atlos Legal
Northwest Registered Agent, Inc. (#C3184722)
2108 N ST. STE N
Sacramento, CA 95816
You must use “GDPR Request” in the subject line of your email or letter. For all requests, you must provide us with information reasonably necessary to verify your identity. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request.
Further, in order to verify your identity, we will provide a verification form to you at your email address. Please be aware that you must complete the verification form and submit it to us in order for us to match that information to the information we have in our systems and process your request.
Filing a Complaint: If you are in the EU, Switzerland, or UK, you may lodge a complaint concerning our data processing activities by contacting your local data protection authority - contact information may be found here . We encourage interested persons to raise any concerns using the contact information provided and we will investigate and attempt to resolve any matters related to the use and disclosure of your personal information.
If you have any questions about this Policy or our data practices, please email our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
You can also write to us at:
2108 N ST
STE # 5207
Sacramento, CA 95816
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on the website where this appears. Please check our website periodically for updates.